To withdraw from Syracuse University:
- Please fill out a withdrawal form in your academic department.
- You must prepare to depart the U.S. within 15 days of the filing of the withdrawal form.
- Please submit a photocopy of the withdrawal form to the Slutzker Center and inform a Slutzker Center advisor about your expected departure date.
- Upon receipt of your withdrawal confirmation through the University data system, the Slutzker Center will terminate your SEVIS record.
- A "flag" will be attached to your terminated SEVIS record and may trigger a question at the Port of Entry in your future visit to the United States. To remove the flag, please e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (315-443-3091) a copy of your passport ID page and a page that has a stamp with a date of re-entry to your home country. A Slutzker Center advisor will request the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) office to remove the flag and forward you a confirmation e-mail.