H-1B Temporary Workers

All requests for H-1B status based on a position at Syracuse University must be processed by the Slutzker Center for International Services, and the decision to proceed is dependent on the interest of the University.

If your department is interested in pursuing an H-1B petition on the behalf of an employee, please contact Jennifer Gavilondo, Immigration Specialist at jgavilon@syr.edu. Processing of an H-1B status request can take six months or more, so the process should be started with the Slutzker Center at least six months in advance of the intended start date.


For an overview of the H-1B classification and process, please see the links below: